Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Working for Mark

To Stern Family,

It’s difficult to put into words what it has been like working for Mark. Mark was my Rotation Manager in 2005, where we worked side-by-side on projects every day. He was a great mentor and a manager to me. I consider Mark as one of the most creative person I’ve ever met in my life. With his great vision and creativity, he helped me develop my marketing skills tremendously, which I use every single day and am very appreciative for it.

At the end of my rotation working for Mark, he represented me in the 2005 yearly focal review. It was the first time Mark was representing someone as a Rotation Manager. He did a great job positioning me boldly through the review process and rewarded me with my first big promotion at Intel.

I am very thankful to Mark for the big promotion and all the skills he taught me to advance in my career. This is something I will never forget and will always reminisce on.

Thank you Mark!

My Deepest Condolences,
Seenu

1 comment:

Mark's Friends said...

As the last rotation member that Mark managed, I can tell you that everything that Seenu said about Mark is absolutely true. In fact, I'd even say Mark got better at managing with time.

Mark served several roles for me. As a manager, he was extremely effective in motivating me to do my best. As a mentor, he shared his knowledge and insight to help build my career at Intel. But most importantly, he was a friend. Whether it was talking about baseball or joking about school (I was also a UW IE grad and we had several laughs about professors), he was someone who I always looked forward to seeing because of his quick wit and huge smile.

It was a pleasure to be able to get to know and work with Mark. His enthusiasm left a permanent impact on my life and it is something that I will never forget.

To Maytal and Zoe, thank you for sharing such a wonderful person with me.

Sincerely,
John